Monday, February 06, 2006

Sarmale


Just to clarify what I am missing in the title of the blog. Of course, you could've found more or less the same image if you googled the term.

This is what almost all Romanians will characterise as traditional food. Traditional or not, they are delicious, and you have to go to many different shops if you are abroad to find the ingredients - e.g. Turkish shops for the cabbage. Or you can wait for the once-a-year celebration of the national day of Romania and go to the embassy reception.

Clearly, even if you eat them here, they never taste the same. Like all good things that you try to re-create. You will end up with Belgian "sarmale". Probably just as bad as if you had beer of another origin than Belgian.

Coming back soon with the latest adventure. No, it is not cooking, it's skiing.

2 Comments:

At 12:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Mrs Bouduin,

Never thought you could cook :)
Anyway, nice to read some stories from you. Hope you are more successful in keeping this thing alive then I was! ;)
Your freezing Secretary General

 
At 4:16 pm, Blogger Dana said...

did I say I can cook? :-)
apparently everyone is freezing at the moment, although Brussels weather seems to be coming back to its usual self.
your stiff president

 

Post a Comment

<< Home