Friday, June 09, 2006

Bad weekend

Oh, no, the weather is just fine, don't worry. Just about the right weather, over 25 degrees and sunshine. All perfect for a great weekend. If only I didn't have to study. Lock me inside and throw away the key!

Yes, I have to study. And my brain is not cooperating. Not in that respect anyway. It still seems to be functioning perfectly, but no when I show it books and lecture notes. It starts working whey I begin the persuasion strategy of telling it that after next Thursday, it won't have to do anything! Brain holiday! Sunbathing and shopping - you don't need a brain for that...

Anyway, since I will be stuck into this studying business and then gone to the Romanian tropics, I may not get the opportunity to write here too soon. But think of that: you either see me in Romania, or you'll get lots of stories when I get back and get bored at work during the summer. Have fun!

5 Comments:

At 10:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I can tell you that I have to study for the next 8 weeks or so and no sunbathing or brain holidays till then!!! Crazy, I know and the problem is that I have never been good at learning stuff off by heart and psychology is definitely not my favourite subject - especially, because this stupid exam (4 hours - 4 questions on 4 different areas) only counts 1/18 of the overall grade. But still, I have to pass all four areas to pass the whole exam! So stop fussing, other people are having a hard time, too ;-) But I will tread myself with 14 days in Greece at the end of September!
Good luck with your exam!

 
At 1:45 am, Blogger Christian said...

Hello Dana!

I'm sorry not having written before but you can be sure I have a look at your blog evey now and then. And I guess the idea of opening my own blog came from that. So you can be proud;-)

I can't help you if your brain does not do what you want but I can tell you what I always try when I'm in that kind of situation: cookies + a hot chocolate.

I wish you good luck for your exam!
(To you as well, Nadja!)

 
At 3:41 pm, Blogger Dana said...

Thanks for your kind words or encouragement. Unfortunately, Christian, the cookies + hot chocolate can't really happen at the moment, since there are over 30° in Brussels, if you can imagine that. I'll stick to a lot of water and deep breaths.

Sorry to hear that you are in a deeper situation than I am, Nadja, cause psychology was nerver my thing too, it always made me feel I am crazy ;-) But good luck, of course to you too, and hope to see you without uni worries for that tennis match I challanged you with!
hugs!

 
At 4:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

30 degrees, that isn't too bad wait till it hits 40!!!!!!

wish it was summer here i think it gets colder every winter!!! it is between 6-17 degrees here so always have the coat out now.

very cold in the mornings on the water. tights and long sleaves are a must!

love jess

 
At 10:46 pm, Blogger TDEC said...

good luck dear, that's tough

 

Post a Comment

<< Home