School over, holiday over
What's left? Work. Pfff. Work at work, and work on our house, since my boss was so nice to remind me this morning that work in your own house doesn't come to an end even after 30 years. Encouraging.
But coming back to the two very important things that indeed came to an end recently. One is school. Yes, after..., let me count, four years of primary school, four of secondary school, four of highschool and six of university... 18 bl**** years!! Finally, this is over! No more! I had enough! I am tempted to say "no more exams" but then I can't forget I don't have a drivers licence, which will inevitably lead to an "exam". So I can only say, "no more" referring striclty to this ever-frustrating and time-consuming part of my life connected to education systems. Looking back, no, it was not that bad, with waking up whenever, partying and not worrying for earning a living, and above all, being the model student :-)The second is holiday. The two seem connected. Obviously, no more school, no more holiday. But more likely "congé", if I am lucky enough not to have wasted the free paid days already. This last trip to Romania was also supposed to be called holiday, or better said, people actually thought I was away on holiday. Right. Out of 10 days, 7 involved one way or another, the final exam and thesis presentation. The other 3, mostly weekend, so they can't really be named holiday, involved eating, drinking and meeting old friends. So unfortunately there was no holiday, and I find myself now falling asleep at my desk and wishing for the next long weekend to come, with the Belgian national day on July 21.
At least at school, you could skip classes without much trouble... snif, snif...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home