Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Quest over, trouble begins

Ok, ok, I will admit it. I haven't been updating this lately for two good reasons. I am lazy. Ah, no, this was not the reason this time. Number one: I am writing my last and final thesis at the moment, to be presented in June, and it takes more energy than I anticipated. Plus, I also have to study for a final exam, thanks to the great education system in Romania. Number two: the reason why I am obviously more excited than the first one, we bought a house!

Yes, as my husband nicely put it, it is done. No way out. Signed papers on Friday. Of course, courtesy to the great Belgian bureaucracy, now comes the time of paperwork. Bank papers, notary papers, renovation permissions and so on. Hardly anything to be excited about. But then, you think of the space. The future big cubboard to fit all my clothes, the big shoe rack to fit all my shoes, the big bathroom with a big cubboard to fit all my toiletry items and make-up, and a big bathtub with foam, and the big kitchen to fit all the cookies, the big cellar to fit our wine and beer... All so many reasons to be excited about. Think big! Think house! Think all the renovation chaos will be over one day!

Then think of no noise in the street at night. No trash bags open by drunk students. No dog poop in the middle of the sidewalk. No loud parties in the house across the street. No walking up-hill all the time to get to the station. No three-story spiral way up with your shopping.

You will probably hear me talking a lot about it, all the to-be's and not-to-be's. Especially when there is no exam looming on me anymore. We sure will have a very active summer. My husband keeps threatening me that he will look like this after all the works. Well, this is surely what I want to look like while he's working. Anyway, if in the process, you feel like getting more technical info about it, check here; I will probably be more excited about the type of things listed above (place for shoes, etc).

And there is more good news. Think of all the free rooms for guests! But now I should say, whoever wants to visit, can obviously come, but bring along some overalls, a hammer and some paint!

3 Comments:

At 12:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems everyone is buying houses at the moment: my two brothers (one already got one, the other one is still on the quest), two friends of mine and now you two, too! Well, I still have to pay the rent and I guess this will not change till ... wait, probably 2010? Of course I will definitely visit now, as there is plenty of room for me, too. And to make my visit even more attractive, I had to refurbish my flat only 5 weeks ago (my room, kitchen and living room), so I am very familiar with brushes, paint and hammer (I had to knock down a wall!). And to tell you just one thing: it is a great feeling after all the dust has settled and you can finally start to live in your new home! Unfortunately my brother is also calling for help, so you might have to wait for me a bit longer!
Big hug Nadja

 
At 8:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mom!
Nu stiu daca exista o urare tip pentru atunci cand iti cumperi casa noua, dar oricum s-o stapaniti sanatosi si sa fiti mereu veseli si fericiti in ea! Neaparat trebuie sa realizezi toate acele "big rooms" de care vorbeai, iar la cum te stiu pe tine sunt sigura ca o vei face!!!No doubt about it!

Multi pupici dulci,
Alis

P.S. Da-mi un semn cand ajungi prin Romania, sa-mi povestesti pe viu ce culori de vopsele ti-ai ales si ce pereti ai spart ca sa fie chiar cum vrei tu. :)

 
At 8:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sa o stapaniti sanatosi!Pot veni linistita acum la voi fara sa-mi fie teama ca va ingramadesc :o))
Numai bine, Rodica & Co

 

Post a Comment

<< Home