Gloves
I don't like cleaning, scrubbing, washing up. That is why I haven't pursued a career in the area.Starting recently, that is irrelevant.
I could make a bet on all our loan money that the previous owner, who lived in the house for four years, never cleaned, or vacuumed, or washed the windows.
His mess became my new hobby the past weekend.
My husband could probably do his share of complaining about the more technical part of the mess. Like the existence of useless walls, the use of screws and nails in the most creative ways, and the new inventions regarding electricity. But I have actively participated in cleaning up this kind of mess too, not being myself a stranger to using tools.
Which brings me to the bitter taste of discrimination that I have encountered this weekend, when shopping for various accessories. I wanted gloves. Working gloves. Well, they were not invented in my size. Probably because women are not supposed to use them? I could only see size 10, they went down to size 8 whick was not available, while I have size 7. Luckily, they did have rubber gloves in small sizes. What a surprise...
4 Comments:
I'm a bit disappointed. I really expected a pic showing you working in your house. Or at least with size 10 gloves;-)
we forgot the camera at home until now, but I promise to make up for it! :-)
Christian, later today I will post a pic of what happens to one's fingers when not using those size 10 buffalo leather gloves...
As Dana can testify, not wearing glove s ultimately results in a lof of blood and noise!
Check stellegasie.blogspot.com later today :)
Yes, I know how you feel Dana. Everyone always assumes that the guy should do all those jobs. Damn it, what if I like drilling holes and assembling flat pack furniture.
Post a Comment
<< Home