Monday, September 18, 2006

Cook

It is a fact, we have a kitchen!

They came to assemble it last Thursday and it took probably one tenth of the time we would've spent on doing that, with all our Ikea experience. There were only a few details left to take care of after that, like connecting our gas and electricity, which is all done now.

The truth is, that coming home that Thursday evening after work and finding there my future cooking paradise, I did see the light at the end of the tunnel! This house can and will actually look nice! Needless to say that I spent quite some hours putting things in cubboards; plates, glassess, a full drawer with spices and so on. Now not only do I have to remember where I put what, but I have to tell my husband as well whenever he's looking for something.

And of course we celebrated the event. By a culinary feast. I'm sure you imagined we cooked ourselves. That is not exactly accurate. We went out and had a lot of food in our favourite Italian restaurant in town, with a bottle of exquisite (and expensive...) red wine. I mean, I didn't want to make a mess in my kitchen now, did I?! It is to be kept spotless as long as possible.

And the best reading I had this weekend was the instructions manual of the dishwasher, undoubtedly, my best friend from now on. By the way, did you know a washing cycle lasts for somewhere between 2 and 3 hours? God, and I thought we were slow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home