Red card
I've seen quite many interesting things about traffic lately, that I decided this is a subject to talk about. I've seen Mexican traffic stories, and Romanian parking situations so nicely described. Everyday driving also makes an impact on my life (ok, being driven, but see, in that case I pay more attention to traffic situations...).They are working on the E40 highway we take for work, which does make mornings start really, really slowly. These days was the obvious ending of (school) holidays, and it showed. And of course, everyone at the office talks about it. It's one of those things, to show you have a bit more conversational style, you don't talk about the weather, you talk about the traffic.
Recently, in Romania, where else, they declared a sort of war to bad habits in driving. The campaign is called "Red card for drivers" ("Cartonas rosu la volan"). Of course, someone rather famous had to die to provoke a wave of frustration, and now several newspapers and news sites are encouraging traffic participants to take pictures of reckless and rude drivers ("mitocani"). It has become quite a popular thing to do, as I can see it, except for the fact that you are probably supposed to use your camera phone while you're driving, which is of course a crime in itself.

We could vote for which is the most traffic-chaotic and dangerous city in the world.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home