Good news and bad news
Note: I wrote this post actually on Monday morning, but I can't update my blog at work anymore. That goes into the bad news too...
First bad news, it's Monday morning. Whoever invented that... I found a nice text regarding work last week.
You always have to give 100% to your work:
- 12% on Monday
- 23% on Tuesday
- 40% on Wednesday
- 20% on Thursday
- 5% on Friday
I am normally a very motivated person, however I might have difficulty reaching the 12% in being awake today. But you never know, there's always something that makes your day.
More bad news can come from this. Of course it is always my fault for reading the press every morning for at least one hour, wherever I am. Unavoidably, you come across the ups and downs of modern civilisation.
And then there's more, you wonder which are the things that would have an impact on you, the ones very far away, I mean, North Korea is not exactly in the neighbourhood, or the ones closer to your reality. This was as well front page of international news. This is my current back yard and it is not funny. Not because I fear they would kick me out of the country for being foreign, but just the thought that I live in a place where almost one person in four votes extreme right. They call it mostly “protest vote”. Sorry to say, but I could find a dozen other different ways to protest about politics.
After one whole night of fun and dancing on Friday (yes, the stage party was quite ok and a good opportunity to meet old and new people) my clothes were obviously not-wearable anymore because of the smoke. So this comes as good news. Of course, a full smoking ban is still to happen in Belgium, but it’s at least getting closer.
I am unsure how to categorise this one though. I always thought Volvo’s are big reliable safe family cars. Maybe it’s not that safe and that’s where the ‘family’ starts from for some. Now I have to consider the fact that I intend to buy a Toyota Aygo, the smallest possible car they every made. It hasn’t really made top 10, even if it’s marketed as a young dynamic city car. I still have time to change my mind I guess. If I have enough money, or it comes as a company car, I will definitely go for the VW Golf. Only number 9, but practice makes perfect (you have to believe me that the last sentence is actually a Toyota F1 slogan; I haven’t found a link for it however).
I am still on the look for more good news for setting a balance here. I shall let you know.
1 Comments:
yau may want to try these guys, even if they are a bit scary too:
http://www.happynews.com/
Post a Comment
<< Home