Thursday, October 05, 2006

One year later

I can't believe it's been a whole year since this:

One year since I started my Commission stage. I probably would not have thought of it like this if I hadn't been in the same place yesterday. I went to say hello to the people I knew from the Traineeships Office, the ones who are managing the whole stage programme, and to see two of my former university colleagues who just began their stage now. Same crowd, same cocktail, same unknown faces. It does bring back memories...

I went to buy a ticket for the welcome party on Friday. Yes, after about 7 months I'm going to one of those things again. Quite funny, when I bought it, a girl from the current committee saw my name and said 'Oh, my god, you're Dana?!'. I was unsure what to believe. Apparently, 'posterity' heard of me.

I actually started this blog the last days of my stage, because I so much wanted to write about it and remember it. I know I sound, still, incredibly excited about it. But I can't help it. I can only hope that most of the ones doing it would feel the same at some point. It's in this Brussels thing of loving it or hating it. I guess I was meant to love it.

Hopefully, from January on, I can go back to the lunch-in-town tradition. That's what I mostly miss now. And the long phone conversations alone in my office. And the everyday mailing and chatting. And walking around with my nose up in the Berlaymont. And the Thursdays and Fridays in Place Luxembourg.

One year wiser.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time goes by... I wanted to use some emoticon here, but I had trouble deciding, so I will use the traditional 3 dots ;-)

So, it's been a year since we took that photo. I realized also that the stage was also the underlaying reason for my blog... and I do have a feeling we are not the only ones!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home