Thursday, January 04, 2007

2006


This may not be the regular text where I said what I did lately. It may be very boring for most of you so if you don’t feel like you have enough time to waste for various reasons, just stop reading now and come back later.

I’m not that good at talking about how I feel about my life, but then I feel about doing an exercise. It used to be easy, hiding little secret agendas and hiding up under the blanket with a flashlight to write about who knows what, especially the nice boys at schools and other girlfriends’ adventures. Not that easy now, I say. Things change, people change, I change.

It all comes from the fact that the end (of the year) is near, and usually I have this urge to analyse, criticise, draw lines, remember. Sounds like a cliché, but I don’t care. It would sound the same if I say that this year has gone so fast. It has. And what did I do? Enough? Not enough? Too much? Do I regret the things that I did or the things that I didn’t do?

  • I finished a really enjoyable stage.
  • I had a really nice job.
  • I finally finished my second degree.
  • I started drinking lots of espresso’s.
  • I bought a house.
  • I ended up skiing on difficult slopes.
  • I used a lot of public transport.
  • I bought more black and red things than usually.
  • I started to read a lot of blogs.
  • I got really nice presents.
  • I ended up in a magazine article and live on news television.
  • I passed two concours admission tests (hopefully I’ll eventually pass a second stage too).
  • I honked slow people in traffic (no, I don’t yet have the licence).
  • I smuggled lots of illegal stuff into the country.
  • I signed my first unlimited (in time) work contract.
  • I realised that if there is just one person I could count on at all times, that’s me.

I’ve been asked not long ago what I think is the biggest recent achievement. I couldn’t answer properly, so did some PR talk. I could do the same now – it’s all about knowledge.

  • I know who my friends are.
  • I know who encourages me and supports me.
  • I know more things about myself then I knew last year.
  • I know more things about how to deal with others.
  • I know where my limits of tiredness are.
  • I know I can paint almost without dripping on the floor.
  • I know that I’m proud to be who I am (not that I didn’t know that before).
  • I know that happiness is what you make of it.
  • I know that I’m more open minded than I thought I was.
  • I know for sure that I couldn’t live without constant challenges.
  • I know where to set the limits so that I can enjoy the satisfaction of overcoming them.
  • I know people (as opposed to the “I know people who know people”).
  • I know how it is to be on the brink of giving up and then choosing to run the extra mile.
  • I know how to organise a Commission party.
  • I know how much I like champagne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home