Friday, July 27, 2007

Away

I shall be travelling across the ocean.

It is for work, but colleagues tell me that it can be loads of fun. It is our annual trip to the States for an intensive, unforgetable and prolongued exchange of best practices session.

It will be my first such direct contact with the American reality. I am really trying (hard...) to keep an open mind. I am currently making a list of things I should do / not do over there.

- not carry anything dangerous in my handluggage (like perfume or, god knows, mascara)
- not say "god", but "gosh"
- not stare at handsome (if any) male colleagues for trying to avoid lawsuits on harrassment
- not access questionable sites on the hotel connection
- not touch too many things since they have my fingerprints already
- not expect good coffee or small portions

- take my big suitcase, you never know
- linked to the above, go shopping
- in the end, be able to imitate the Texas, Georgia and New York accents for starters
- play the sophisticated European
- show genuine interest in football, baseball, elections (with care), Oscars, cowboys, aliens, diets and Santa Claus

Provided I don't forget my camera, I will come back with interesing things to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home