Monday, August 27, 2007

Three

Curious to make a review of what I wrote last year:



- I am not offended by being called Madam, or Madame, or Mevrouw - they'd better, who do they think I am, some young chick they can mess up with?!



- I feel delighted when people call me Miss - still, but then I snap back: "Madam!"



- I graduated both my degrees - and I don't remember anything from them and I wouldn't go studying again not even if they paid me!



- I have been partying more than in my teen years together - broke the percentage, my idea of a perfect Saturday night became dropping dead tired after a whole day of cleaning the house



- I have become wiser ;-) - Absolutely!



- I put on weight, lost weight, put on weight, lost weight, etc - same, must be something wrong with my cooking: one month I cook, one month I don't cook...



- I sleep less - sure, there's so much more to life now that we have a TV



- I started drinking espresso - not only did I start, but I do it again and again, and it's sooo good, event bought a device to do it in the privacy of my kitchen



- I became co-owner of a house - for crying out loud, do we really have to pay that much??!!



- I still haven't got my drivers licence - oh, I have it, and it feels sooo good, and sooo liberating, and sooo fast, and I managed not to get a speed fine yet! I want another car now.



- I go shopping more - no comment



- I cook less (just wait till I have a kitchen :-) - connected to the above. kitchen is there. so what?



- I shout more - and more



- I daydream less - no way! far more! depends about what!



- I nag more - no comment; I should have a phase-out strategy on that...



- I fall asleep at work easier - sure, unless there's something entertaining to keep me awake...



- I find jobs easier - of course, I'm good



- I lose my patience easier - what's patience?...



- I bike faster (than a snail) - oh, is that the thing with two wheels rusting slowly in the garage?...



- I speak better Dutch and worse Romanian - ja zeker



- I know more people - do I really know somebody?...



- I have better IT skills - dha-ah. gimme a problem and I'll make it worse



- I change my mind more often - nope, I clearly know what I want



- if I had a choice, I would never iron again (why is there a dishwasher but not an ironing-machine-slave-robot-slave-something?) - Always. I mean, yes, never!!



- the Husband hears/listens less what I say and more digital TV - does he have ears? can't tell. :-)



- he mumbles more - don't know, I don't hear



- he drinks more tea and less coffee - just a PR strategy



- we speak worse English - wat?



- he works a lot in the house - ja, ja (thank you!)



- I come home later, if I can, and wake up later, if I can too - I wake up earlier and come home later, yes



- the Husband still loves me (confirmed this morning)



- I still love the Husband (confirmed too)

4 Comments:

At 8:58 pm, Blogger TDEC said...

Sounds like a pretty good year...

 
At 11:06 pm, Blogger perelaar said...

Hmm. People should call me Mr more often. I'll have to be a bit more dreadfull at work.

As far studying, I in fact get paid more for studying. But then again, you can hardly call my kind of studying a degree. We refer to it as Certification, with capital C.

All in all, a good year indeed. Although I wish construction was over already. Life would be nicer, cleaner too.

 
At 11:56 am, Blogger Unknown said...

La multi, multi ani!

 
At 1:18 pm, Blogger Nadja said...

Sorry, construction never ends, because as soon as you have finised the whole thing the first thing breaks again!

You forgot to mention that you also made it back to London and RMS!

Big hug
Nadja

P.S. If you do not want to study again, even when paid, maybe you want to sponsor me, so I can make my phd????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home