Friday, March 17, 2006

Football vs. politics


Yesterday I was surprised to see the ex-PM resigning from his functions, and that made top news. It was probably supposed to make top news for a long time from now on. But the poor guy doesn't even have the luxury of bad publicity anymore.

That because something else made top news today, and it was the other most important thing Romanians know everything about, football. No more political scandals in the middle of them, but just pure national pride coming out unexpectedly. So maybe there is hope. I am, although not a football fan, very interested in all these little details that stir up a bit the national feeling and make a rather good image of the country.

Speaking of country image, I am involved in another initiative of Romanians in Brussels trying to figure out what people think about the country and how the image can be improved over here. If you click here, you'll find the web page of the club having this initiative as well as a link to a survey we proposed. It would be great to have your input, no matter what nationality you have.

3 Comments:

At 2:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dana,

Is Vanessa,hold on!!! I should put my email address, i think you where looking for (vaneluke@yahoo.com) well.... I would love to give an opinion about Romanians, but the only person I know from that corner of the world is you so I will describe as you have show me how Romanians are..... Crazy little freeek sweet funny people!!!
and about the country well I haven't had the pleasure to visit it yet... I hope soon!!
oh oh I just remember I know another guy from Romania.... the guy from the pub in Ricky, so nice and kind!!!
Regards
Vanessa

 
At 8:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Little piggy!!!!

When are you coming to australia!!!!!

What have you been up to??? i'm guessing you moved home from the states?

 
At 1:44 pm, Blogger Dana said...

I suggest the aussies leave their names behind like the rest of the world :-)

If I'm the only thing you know about Romanians, Vanessa, my country has a chance.
Which guy in Ricky? Does my memory really begin to fail me? I mean, I admit, you knew the pub guys better than me :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home