Neither damage, nor blood
I know, I can hardly believe it myself. Yesterday evening I reached the end of my 20 hours of driving school, and nobody got hurt in the process. And I have not received any polite invitations to follow more classes, which I interpret as being a good enough driver to hit the roads.As far as women go, of course. Much as I am looking forward to be as free as a (stuck-in-traffic) bird, I am certainly not happy about the "women" issues. It's a whole mentality thing, and it is so rooted up in society, that I ended up paying nasty remarks instead of hours of driving school. My (male) instructor went, for my delight, from "it's just a beginner's mistake" to "that's what women do". Actually, we were not talking about myself (at least he didn't dare to say that with me in control of the car), but about people around. One time an idiot (male) was parked really in the middle of the road; I almost don't see the car, refrain from swearing or honking (or hitting him for that matter), go around and, thinking I can make a good joke myself, I say "that's female style". What does he say? "No, cause the car was parked straight".
Needless to say that I have enjoyed more the hours spent with my (female) instructor, who mumbled and criticized far less, and trusted me where no-one has trusted me before. Among others, she did not panick when I missed a turn, nor blinked an eye when she took me on the highway the first time without warning me in advance.
For those of you who had their drivers licence since the stone age, this may seem over-enthusiastic. But remember that you were not born in a car, and plus, stop making jokes about women driving!!!!
------------------------------------------------
A policeman spotted a woman driving and knitting at the same time. Coming up beside her, he said, "Pull over!" "No," she replied, "a pair of socks!"
------
A traffic policeman stops a woman and asks to see her driving licence.
'Lady, it says here that you should be wearing glasses when driving.'
'Well,' replies the woman, 'I have contacts.'
'Lady, I don't care who you know, your still going to get a ticket.'
------
Wife: "There's trouble with the car. It has water in the carburetor."
Husband: "Water in the carburetor? That's ridiculous."
Wife: "I tell you the car has water in the carburetor."
Husband: "You don't even know what a carburetor is. Where's the car?"
Wife: "In the swimming pool."
------
A young lady was driving through a built-up area at about 70 mph when she noticed a motorcycle policeman on her tail. She increased her speed to 80 mph but the cop hung grimly on her tail. She put her foot down and pushed the car up to 90, drawing rapidly away from her pursuer. Suddenly she saw a garage up ahead and with a squeal of brakes she pulled up in the forecourt and dashed into the ladies' toilet. Five minutes later she emerged to find the motor-cycle policeman waiting for her. With a sweet smile she said, 'I bet you thought I'd never make it in time.'
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home